- How to fit. Still a struggle, but I know a lot more about what to expect from different pattern companies and eras and how to approach my personal fit issues. And I have a magical pants block.
- A million new techniques.
- How to use the serger and work with knits. The serger might not ever become my best friend, but I'm no longer afraid of it.
- Productive, not totally neglectful, time management. This is everything.
- What's possible, from the other Sew Weekly contributors, an amazing, talented, and kind bunch who constantly inspire me. I've put the regulars in the sidebar so I can keep up with their exploits.
What's next in 2013? Making stuff and blogging it, same old same old. I bought myself a calendar just for the blog in an attempt to impose some structure, which I found so helpful and productive this year. I have some ambitions:
- More hats. At least a hat for each season.
- A swimsuit. And maybe beach pajamas, such a lovely concept.
- Underwear. If I can make a swimsuit, surely I can make underwear.
- Anise. If that goes well, another jacket out of wool or maybe even a coat.
- Vaila. I've had the pattern and the yarn for years now. In time to wear before winter is over?
- More for Fenna. She's in an unexpected phase of loving what I make for her and wearing it proudly.
As the year winds down and I'm miles away from my sewing machine hatching plans, heartfelt warm wishes to all of you, however you celebrate.