Stephanie's BCT (Blank Canvas Tee), a fitted crewneck with short kimono sleeves like the Tiramisu sleeves. I love those sleeves. Not only flattering and comfortable, they're built into the shape of the shirt so there are no extra sleeve pieces to cut and set in. While my first try at the BCT was a disaster-- weird funnel neck, accidentally a size too small-- my second attempt shows progress. Neckline's still a little wonky. Steph's preferred method of attaching the neckband (in a strip after only one shoulder seam has been sewn) seems too advanced for me at this point. I have more success with the more common method used in both Renfrew and Lola (sewing the neckband together first and then pinning it evenly to the neckline after both shoulder seams have been sewn). I'm going to add a hem band a la Renfrew to my next BCT before I try my hand at a hack or two.
Sewaholic Renfrew View A with scoop neck and long sleeves. This went together so much better now that I've made a Tiramisu and few knit tops, including three cowl neck Renfrews last year. I've learned to do the construction seams on my regular machine and finish the seams on the serger. That's the key, really: more control, less seam ripping or serging off a sleeve cap or what have you.
Both t-shirt fabrics were really hard to work with. The grain line in the cream organic cotton jersey was a mess. When I had it cut at Mood, I knew I was in trouble. I tried all the tricks to straighten it out to no avail. I did use a rotary cutter which worked well. The stripey stuff, supposedly cotton jersey on sale at fabric.com, was exceedingly slinky and slippery with the additional headache of stripes. After the t-shirts, I longed to sew a nice stable knit.
Lisette's recent Lola I had to have my own fashionable snuggie right now. There's a neckband, so it fits into my theme.
Debi's Sew Grateful initiative. Happy weekend!